Rice and steamed vegetables recipe – recipe for boiled rice under the hat of stewed carrot and bell pepper. Quick and easy side dish recipe.
(for 4 servings)
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 2 1/2 cup water
- 2 carrots (coarsely grated)
- 3 onion (chopped)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (cut into strips)
- 1/2 green bell pepper (cut into strips)
- 1/2 cup fresh dill (chopped)
- 2 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon salt (more to taste)
- 5 tablespoon vegetable oil
Pour 2 cups of water into a saucepan, add rice. Bring rice to a boil over medium-high heat. Add salt. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until rice is tender, about 15 minutes.
Fry the onion into vegetable oil until golden. Add carrot and bell pepper. Pour the remaining water, season with salt and stir. Simmer about 15 minutes under the lid closed. Add tomato sauce and dill and simmer for 5 minutes.
Serve rice under the vegetables. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
Print your recipe for yummy-book (click to enlarge):
Click here to see more vegetarian recipes!